For The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors
Oops. That was only about half the crap I wrote up. Let’s do it again!
– This video is called parametric expression and it is goddamn terrifying…but also kind of cool?
– So I completely forgot to link to the actual teaser video of the Breaking Bad themed episode of Mythbusters. But I’m sure that being Google-capable human beings, you went and found it yourself. If you were even interested.
– Last night, Steve “2013 MLB All-Star” Delbar became the first ever Blue Jay (and 48th player in the history of the game) to log an immaculate inning; striking out three players on the minimum nine pitches required. It’s a neat little historical bit, although largely meaningless, but it’s pretty cool to see all the pitches together in GIF form. I mean…there’s only nine of them.
– This is a trailer for a movie that includes Batman, Lois Lane, Mystique, Hawkeye…and Bradley Cooper. From what you can see. Apparently it also includes Robert De Niro, Michael Pena, and Louis CK…? All directed by the same guy who did Silver Linings Playbook and The Fighter. That is stupid. And do you know what this movie is about? The answer is who gives a shit, just go watch it you big ol’ dummy.
– Remember how in Argo, they actually worked up all these fake storyboards and concept art pieces in support of the fake movie used in the cover story? That was an actual thing that really happened, and it turns out that the actual fake concept art was done by none other than late 70’s comic book artist superstar Jack “The King” Kirby, for a very real failed movie called Lord of Light produced by Barry Geller who had also hired makeup artist John Chambers (John Goodman’s character in the movie) to work on it. And when the CIA later enlisted Chambers to help, he scavenged his copies of Lord of Light concepts for what would become the fake movie Argo.
What’s neat though is that Geller actually auctioned off all of the Kirby pieces back in 1993, before the operation was declassified by the CIA…and that it was early 90’s comic book artist superstar Jim Lee who had purchased them. And it turns out two are being auctioned off again now that Affleck’s generated all this nice Oscar-tinged prominence for them anew.
Seeing the two pieces is pretty neat, and it makes the fact that they pulled something like this off even harder to believe – imagine as if Jim Lee was enlisted to work up fake movie concepts today…imagine if something like this had happened in the internet age where stuff like this is regularly leaked? Imagine someone like me getting legitimately excited about…say, And who owns the rights to Lord of Light today? How awesome would it be to actually make that movie a movie, instead of just the story of that movie, based on those Jack Kirby concepts? It looks awesome, like some crazy world full of Galactuses walking around.
The Lord of Light wants his enemies burnt. The Drowned God wants them drowned. Why are all the gods such vicious cunts? Where is the god of tits and wine?